The management of Samatvam
The top management body is the Samatvam Board of Governors, which is a multi-disciplinary team with representatives from five sections: clinic, education, research, social service and trust. The team comprises a chief mentor, medical directors, administrative director, finance director, education director, research director, and social service director. The chief mentor is Samatvam’s top leader, who is responsible to the board for the institution’s dealings. Samatvam’s public service activities are constantly guided by several eminent and accomplished members of our society (“margadarshis” and benefactors).
The management’s tasks
The management of Samatvam is responsible for a range of tasks, for example, interdisciplinary issues, including the coordination of the goals and strategies of the five sections: clinic, education, research, social service and trust. Samatvam management has the overall responsibility for a number of areas, such as developing patient treatment and research, quality development and education
The management areas of the five sections
The five sections: clinic, education, research, social service and trust have independent management groups. These groups are responsible for making decisions in their area.
• The management of the clinic deals with the day-to-day running of the clinics and is responsible for treatment and clinical development.
• The management of the education unit is responsible for the planning, course development and the running of all educational activities.
- The management of the research unit is responsible for research and development and the coordination of activities between the research groups
- The management of the social service unit is responsible for all social service activities and fund raising programs
- The management of the trust is responsible for all statutory duties and obligations, in coordination with the other sections.